Thursday, July 5, 2012

On my desk today,


I'm working on a new pattern for a Beaver, which, as always begins with a bit of sketching, and seeking out reference material.  Look at that, in this online era in which we live, a book!  Still the best place to start in my opinion.

It doesn't matter what I do, my softie designs always come out looking a little comical.  I guess it's just my style.  There are many other softie designers whose style I admire, Tamar (of course!) and Lauri to name two.  I find their work to have an edge I fear mine lacks, but that is something I've long since come to terms with.  Design style is something that constantly develops.  The designs I do now, are very different to how I was working when I began blogging three years ago, and no doubt in another three years, it will have evolved again.  There is an opportunity on the horizon to push myself to be a bit more experimental, I've been accepted to show at Plush You 2012 in Seattle.  Eeeek! what shall I make?, suggestions needed, animal, object, ...monster?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment