Thursday, July 12, 2012

Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit...


This is an idea that had been simmering for a while. When I worked for Coats, we had a lot of Beatrix Potter cross stitch designs in the range which were consistently popular. I had seen animals made out of toweling in a book by Tone Finnanager and thought it would be great to try a rabbit using an old towel and mixing it with some of the Beatrix Potter printed fabric.


The fabric has a lovely vintage look to it as it is from the original illustrations. To dress the rabbit, I made a little apron out of felt, and a carrot to go in the pocket. I'm not sure I can actually do anything with the rabbit, as it does say on the fabric, 'not to be used commercially'. After my time in the industry, I am very aware of copyright issues, as we spent a huge amount of time going through lengthy approval processes with all the character licensed designs. A very tedious process which I do not miss and one of the reasons I wanted to work for myself so much. I count my blessings every day, as that is now what I am able to do!

0 comments:

Post a Comment