Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Last night was a late one,

...but it was sew worth it!

The softie shoe idea was refusing to be beaten, so I kept going, and version seven thousand and ninety two came out like this...,

it was so satisfying to finally have managed to translate the image in my head into fabric.  There are still a few details to the pattern that need ironing out, but this is pretty close to what I was aiming for.

Of course, Mr LK saw it and laughed, 'What on earth are you going to do with that?!'  
My reply - 'I don't know, I might make some for Etsy, I might make a bigger pair and make you wear them to work!'

(for an idea of scale, the shoe is 12 cm long)

In truth, this became a labour of love, and a trip into a world where softies can be so much more than dolls and animals.  A world I want to visit more and more.

So, come on people, opinions please, I need some feedback, cute or not so cute, what do you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment