Saturday, August 11, 2012

Well, you could have knocked me down with a feather...,

or in this case, a bottle of wine!, but after all my moaning last week, just look at this...,

my children, (and husband!), frolicking in a field,

chasing butterflies and picking the odd wild flower.

We spent Saturday night under canvas, in a local field with a group of friends.  And, it has to be said, the person guilty of the most moaning was me.   I am not a natural camper, I went under duress, but I went nonetheless.  

Things I like about camping  ::  How excited Lucy and Luke were.  Overexcited.  I worried they were going to burst a blood vessel or something.  Watching them building dens out of branches and bundles of freshly cut grass.  And the fresh air.  I love the smell of fresh air.

Things I don't like about camping  ::  Earwigs.  I don't mind insects in general but really don't like earwigs.  Being the filling in a snoring sandwich between my husband and my son.  And lastly, waking up in the middle of the night and realising that the inflatable mattress which started out to be oh so comfy, has sprung a leak and is gradually going down, and down, and down!

0 comments:

Post a Comment