Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sticky situation...!

I signed up for a small, local craft exhibition which starts in October and is being held in the foyer of the museum.  There is space for about 15 items, and as, everything is going to be for sale, I was aiming to put in a few Softies but also some smaller, less complicated (and therefore cheaper, there is a credit crunch going on, after all!), items.  So, late yesterday evening, I whipped up some very simple decorated hair slides.

Lucy & her friend are test driving them at school today, so I can see how they stand up to a bit of wear and tear before making any more.

The button is stitched on, and the stitching also anchors the fabric to the slide, although I did add a blob of superglue to hold it in place more securely.  Anyone who follows me on Twitter will already know what happened next.

I went to bed last night with my finger and thumb glued together!

0 comments:

Post a Comment