Sunday, November 4, 2012

I'm still here...!

Can't believe it's been 2 weeks since I last posted, school holidays are now over until christmas, and our break was jam packed full of playdates, visiting family, shopping for new furniture, building new furniture all intermingled with a lot of coughing and colds all round.

I have been playing with my sewing machine though, and given the freehand embroidery a whirl...

am working on transforming the cotton reel idea into pin cushions for Etsy.

But look what happens when you visit your mum for a few days and leave your sketchbook unattended, her new puppy tries to eat it!

Now that the first issue of 'Sew Hip' has arrived in the shops, if you do make a kitten from my pattern, please do join the Flickr group to show and tell.

I am at that point with design work where I need to do some brainstorming and expand my pattern portfolio, so will be spending some time working on new ideas for a range of small softies.  While I am doing this, I am going to document the process and feature it here, in a series of blog posts.  The first will cover ideas, inspiration and development, the second will talk about selecting materials and making a prototype from your initial pattern, and the third will cover the finer details, embellishing and finishing off your softie.  Hopefully this series will inspire the designer within you to emerge!

But first things first, in order to kick start the whole process, how about a few ideas from YOU!

What shall I make?, animal, insect, plant, doll or inanimate object?

0 comments:

Post a Comment