Sunday, April 1, 2012

Digging deep,


I've been asked by C&T Publishing to make 4 models from the book for the London Book Fair which is coming up very soon.  So, armed with my book (because I'd forgotten how to make them!), I made a start on a batch of Toadstools.  All the original models made for the patterns in the book use realistic colours, ie, the Toadstool is red, so I decided this time It would be interesting to have a good old root around in the bottom of my fabric box and make use of some of the ones I have, but don't often use.


I really like how this one turned out.


I also need some help.  I have an idea for some new designs and am on the hunt for some specific fabric.  What I'm after is, I suppose what you would describe as retro looking.  1950's/1960's ish, Lucienne Day in style, but I need patterns on a small scale.  I work small, so large scale prints don't work as well as small scale ones.  I've been scouring Etsy, Ebay, even Spoonflower, but have so far not found anything quite right.  Reprodepot used to have the kind of thing I'm after but their site is closed at the moment.  These days, I use so many recycled fabrics from clothing, I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to internet fabric shopping!  If anything comes to mind, leave a link in a comment and I'll check it out.  Thanks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment