Friday, May 4, 2012

Toot, toot... (and a swap!)

(latest bag made from a felted jumper)

It's not often I get the opportunity to blow my own horn, but this week has been a pretty good week!  In addition to the two Anchor kits finally making it into the shops (as announced in the previous post, and I've also added the new link in the sidebar), my little toadstool has proved very popular, and has been featured on,

and a mention on a site called Tipnut(which I haven't come across before and is worth a peek!)


(close up of thrifted pillow case lining)

and my eyepatch tutorial also got a mention on Craftzine too, wow!

(I've really changed Betz's original pattern this time round!)

All this interest has got me thinking, what about a TOADSTOOL SWAP?, using the tutorial but personalizing it as much (or as little) as you like?  

(Look, I've been tweaking around with my own pattern already!)

Lets make it official then!, if you'd like to join in, to make and receive a toadstool, send an email to, lucykatecrafts AT talktalk DOT net with the following information,

1.  name
2.  email address
3.  postal address
4.  website/blog details (if you have one)
5.  favorite colours
6.  favorite fabrics

Sign up by Friday 16th May, and I will send out your swap partners information the following Monday, toadstools will need to be made and sent by Friday 13th June, so that gives you over a month sewing time.

In the meantime, I will make up a little toadstool swap widget you can post on your blogs and also start a Flickr group.

(those who have already left a comment before I edited this post, don't worry, if I don't hear from you, I'll email you)

Happy swapping!

0 comments:

Post a Comment