Saturday, June 9, 2012

For Lucy...

Lucy was feeling a bit blue last week, she gets a bit jealous sometimes as she knows that while she's at school, Luke is getting to spend time at home with me.  So I thought I'd tinker around a bit more with the bird pattern, and sew some softies especially for her,

So, I'd like you to meet the little birds...

The body is made from a thrifted jumper, I love the colour but it won't felt as it is 'superwash' wool, basically pure wool that has been treated so it can be machine washed.  However, I did give it a go, the thinking being, if you mistreat it enough, it may just give in (same tactic works with husbands too, I believe!).  This poor jumper has sat in our washing machine and been through every wash cycle for about a month, and has also been in my biggest pan and boiled on the stove!  It didn't fully felt, but it did go a little, enough to cut it up anyway.

(Mummy bird)

Both birds have a little bit of embroidery on their wings,

(baby bird)

I really enjoyed making these, it was one of those projects that gives you a warm fuzzy feeling while you are sewing.  I just wish I had a picture to show you, of the smile on Lucy's face when she saw them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment