Thursday, April 15, 2010

Afternoon in Fitzroy

Little Oxford Street, FitzroyLt Oxford Street, FitzroyRear View GalleryGertrude Street, FitzroyGertrude Street, FitzroyGertrude Street, FitzroyGertrude Street, FitzroyGertrude Street, FitzroyCute pots of herbsWe found the hidden pizzas!Free Lemonade in cute jarsPizzas were so good!
I've always loved Fitzroy for it's pops of colour, cute crafty-type shops, cafes, vintage bicycles, and the list goes on. So I was more than happy when I found out that for yesterday's class, we were going to be visiting 3 artists studios, all located in different parts of Fitzroy. In my head before class, I planned a little walk-around trip after class, in hope of finding cute dresses such as this one here. I contemplated bringing my heavy camera out but decided to in the end just because I thought it would be nice to take my 50mm lens out again for a day. So these shots were what came out from my little walk-around trip.

Unfortunately, I didn't find any cute dresses I could afford. Those I found were like $300..$200.. way too much for a student like me. Oh well, but I did bump into nice people such as Pip, and got free yummy pizzas and lemonade for dinner. (PS: The place is awesome! I fell in love with it's clever-ness. Recycling bins built out of wood and toilets made out of MDF boards?! ) And we ended our day by popping by 120 Cafe in East Brunswick, to hang 4 of my paintings. I'll tell you more after I pop by this weekend to take some photos and enjoy some breakfast treats. Too late and dark last night to do so! But yes, my paintings, such as this one here, are all $150 and below!

Alright, time for a quick shower, brekkie then it's off to school. See you soonish! Have a great weekend! : )

0 comments:

Post a Comment