Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A year older

Birthday flowersBirthday TiramisuI turned a year older yesterday. With a big art history presentation, and explaining to do ( since I missed my mid-semester review ) I thought I was going to have a bad birthday. But Darren was really awesome! He managed to turn my entire gloomy day around!

He sent me off to school in the morning and 'made his way to work'. He was all dressed nicely for work, with nice shoes and a top that matched my little birthday outfit. And guess what? He did not go to work at all! Instead, he went all around Melbourne looking for a nice necklace for me. He stood outside Meet me at Mikes for a good 2 hours because he knew they stocked one of my favourite necklaces. But I think the shop only opens at noon or something so he gave up and went to to all the other crafty shops I love. In the end, he bought me a sweet sterling silver necklace from Corky. It has a little bird in a cage and it makes the nicest 'clinking' sound when I wear it. I love it to bits!

Then, like as if he hasn't done enough, he bought me this huge bouquet and went home to make me a tiramisu birthday cake! He deserves such a big pat on the back!

We went ice skating today at the new Ice House and it was lots of fun. I think it was so fun because I can't skate or blade at all. So for two whole hours, the side barrier was sort of my best friend. Haha. I was such a chicken! Trying not to fall while laughingDarren
Back to work tomorrow and lots of good food to paint! Since I've declared a 'birthday holiday' and stopped painting for two days straight! Haha. Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment