Thursday, April 14, 2011

Fair Food

Veggie BoxFresh sourdough
Darren and I decided to give this a try after hearing about it from Emma and Paula ( Our friends ). We signed up for it over the weekend and ordered our very first veggie box along with some lovely sourdough bread and extra mushrooms. We waited in excitement after our Sunday order for our Wednesday pick up time. I thought it was quite fun to wait and guess what would be in the box. We picked our box up last night and found lots of freshly harvested veggies and fruits. Super sweet fuji apples, pears, potatoes, onions, corn, mushrooms, lettuce, zucchinis, juicy red tomatoes and the list goes on. I think it's quite worth it. I like knowing I get fresh veggies that have no funny chemicals in them. And at the same time, I'm helping the farmers out there. I think being a farmer is like being an artist. We both have our own kind of craft. One's making things look pretty, another's making sure people get healthy foods. I like buying organic and would if I could afford it. This is my first little step. One at a time. I wonder if any of you do buy or eat organically as well. What are your thoughts about the idea of going organic, buying whole foods?

PS: I'm making cream of mushroom soup tonight with those nice bags of mushrooms. I love mushrooms!

0 comments:

Post a Comment