Thursday, April 28, 2011

Commissioned illustration

Work in progressClose UpClose Up
It was my birthday yesterday and I spent the morning singing along to Bieber's 'Baby' ( Not that I'm a fan. Sorry Bieber lovers! ) and working on a commissioned illustration for a nice foodie magazine. Well, before this project, I never ever thought beef ribs or any form of ribs were that difficult to draw! It was kind of exciting. Haha. My day was pretty much spent after that, having the worst dim sum at a dim sum buffet with Darren. The food was so bad and the service was just atrocious. But it was what made it so fun. I think the both of us had too many rock-hard dumplings, we started giggling a lot and coined the term ' death by char siew'. Their rice noodle char siew roll, oh it was just bad. After lunch it was a whole lot of errand running and buying stuff for my classes next week. It's nice to not have to think about job hunting ( I'm trying to look for a full time art-related job in a school ) and just spend the day laughing and having bad dim sum. Darren gave me a super lovely ring as a present. I'll show you more in the next post!

Till then, I'm off to spend my day with Darren, have more birthday cake, and just relax in this nice sun before we come home and camp out in front of the television in anticipation of the royal wedding! And yes, I am one of those funny ones who's pretty excited about it. I am not really in support of all the money that's being spent. But well, I must admit, I can't wait to see Kate's dress! Anyone of you excited too?

0 comments:

Post a Comment