Friday, September 16, 2011

Thank you

hungry larry
Totally lame made-up comic strip thingy I did back in 2006


Wow. You guys are amazing. I wasn't expecting such a huge response when I wrote my previous post. I was just totally feeling down in the dumps and just sore from everything that's been happening. ( Will not go into details ) but yup, I just had to let it all out in one long post. I always think a blog should be unplanned, and totally honest. So that's why I ended up blurting every single bit out. All of it!

I am so glad so many of you have come forward and shared your stories with me. A few creative types ( who are in the same shoes as I am ) have wrote to me privately saying how reading everyone's comments made them feel better too. Thank you thank you thank you. I think it's so amazing how this little blog of mine can help not only me, but also others feel better. Like some sort of support group, maybe? If you know what I mean... And it's all thanks to you guys! This is why I love blogging and sharing with people so much. I like how at the end of the day, everyone of us, regardless of the kind of lifestyle we lead, age difference, country and interests, we can all just come together and encourage each other. I am truly touched and feel so blessed!

Anyway, just to clarify, it's not that I'm currently totally penniless, broke and jobless. I still have a job. I still have income coming in. But the fact that it's all so unpredictable and the figures go up and down every month. It just drives me crazy. I'm the sort that needs stability. I know, lame! But yes, I do! Fact is, I still take holidays, go on nice short trips, buy and pamper myself with pretty things from shops. I think if I don't pamper myself and give myself little treats, I'd really go crazy. Well, I think I'm just totally burnt and need a bit of a break. Darren, being the 'best boyfriend ever', has decided to take me on a little holiday. So, we're off to the ski slopes tomorrow. The very last time for this season. I hope I'm not too selfish by wishing it'd be a really cold weekend. If not, we'll be ice skating down the slopes instead of skiing.

Thank you so much once again. I feel better already and don't worry. Never in my life am I going to give up making art. it's seriously the only thing I can do and it's what makes me happy. So yes. I will not give up, no matter what. No one can make me quit! Ah.
See you when I get back mid-next week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment