Sunday, September 12, 2010

Homebodies

HomebodiesHomebodiesHomebodiesHomebodiesShot on a Nikon D90, by Jacinta Moore
I met the wonderful Jacinta on Saturday and we spent a whole afternoon shooting these pictures. I had in mind a really relaxed, no-fuss, no prior planning, sort of photoshoot. With my sculptures feeling all cosy at home. As if they've become humans! So yes, these photos came out of that idea. And Jacinta shot them all, while I wore most of the costumes and Darren helped with all the fitting and he 'acted' as the Muesli bar too! I was way too short for that 2.2m bar. I have so so much more photos to show you guys, but just thought I should do it post by post and not explode into a big picture frenzy here. I'll be showing more pictures bit by bit!

But yes, thank you so much Jacinta, without you, this shoot wouldn't even be possible at all! Thanks for offering your beautiful home, and of course, your awesome talent! Because of all the plants, I've started growing lots of them myself! Thanks for having two sweet pups Frankie and Poppy too! You doggies were such fun! Oh and Darren, thanks so much for trying to squeeze a giant 2m muesli bar in our cosy 2 door car, along with 2 other huge sculptures, for holding it up while we asked you to swing it on the swing, and juggling every bit of it. And for driving around from South to North to West and everywhere else.

Oh what a weekend! Apart from the shoot, I did some baking, cooking and collected some awesome stuffing and crafty supplies from Sarah. Thank you Sarah for your generosity! I'm already using those stuffing bits! I went cycling too, and got a whole big bunch of wild flowers. Now my table smells nice.

I really didn't want to get out of bed at all this morning. Unfortunately I had to wake up extra early to move my sculptures from home back into my studio, which by the way is all filled and full to the brim. I'm getting a bit frustrated just working in there. Because of the scale of my super-sized sculptures, there really isn't any space left!

Alright, off to go find some space for me to work on my 3m long Ritz Cracker sculpture. Ah.

x

0 comments:

Post a Comment