Monday, July 11, 2011

Knitting

KnittingAutumn scarf
Matchy green nailsKnittingKnitting
I know the scarf looks kind of wonky! I am still learning. In fact, it's my first attempt at trying moss stitch and also, picking up lost stitches.

So, I have recently discovered this beautiful 100% pure Japanese wool yarn. It's called Avril and I got them from Pauline at Popcraft. It has a really ropey texture. It's nice and chunky and knits really quickly. So as a result, I've been pretty much knitting in the morning, knitting on the trams, knitting at the studio, while I draw, While in the kitchen, while watching shows on the television, and also just before I sleep. Basically I have been knitting everywhere I go. Poor Darren. He ends up just having a mad knitter nana as a girlfriend. Oops. Oh and I have matchy green nails to go with my greeny autumn looking scarf. I think that scarf needs a bit of a mustard colour in there somewhere. Do you think?

I'm doing another scarf too alongside this one. It's a more masculine looking scarf. Grey and cream. I'm thinking I might get some nice wooden buttons to go with it. Not sure if Darren will wear a scarf with buttons. Might be too girly. Hmmm

0 comments:

Post a Comment