Friday, July 29, 2011

Maddi and Me!

Maddi and Me
Yup! That's the talented Madeleine Stamer! And that's us in our art smocks, in school! Yes, in a real primary school, with kiddos running around, greeting you, showing you what they have in their lunch boxes, telling you about their weekend... a real school! I've ALWAYS dreamt of teaching little kids in a primary school and Madeleine and her school offered me a wonderful opportunity. I get to work with grade 1s for 3 whole Thursdays in a row and together, we'll be learning how to paint some recipe paintings. What a dream come true! Yesterday was week 1. And already, I'm excited for week 2. I went home smiling and told Darren all about it when he came home. It feels SO good to be a teacher. It feels like the right thing to do? Not sure if that even makes sense. But it does to me!

Yay!Dream ClassroomTeaching Grade 1s

Anyway, hope I'm not boring you with all these teaching posts of mine. I promise pictures from my solo show opening soon! But for now, I'd like to just dwell a little longer in this whole happy teaching bubble of mine : )

PS: Maddi creates lovely paintings and has been known for her beautiful bird mobiles. I myself have been a long-time fan of her bird mobiles. I'm waiting for the day I can get myself this one! Oh and Maddi has a super cute home too! You can see some pictures here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment