Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Class news

My new workplace
Attention all South -siders, starting next week, I'm going to be doing regular kids art classes at Do Re Me in Elsternwick! I know! What a cute name. I fell in love with the shop after hearing and reading about it on twitter and the internet. And how lucky am I to be able to teach in there! The shop's filled with lots of beautiful handmade goodies. From dresses to bowls, to hot water bottle covers, and even beautiful cross-stitched necklaces!

So, beautiful shoppy things aside, I will be conducting classes for both pre-schoolers and school-aged kiddies!
My favourite but scarily big 2pm classI wanted to kill these kids today
Preschooler’s will experience firsthand a range of traditional craft and art-making techniques and have a ball experimenting with a fantastic range of paints, paper, glitter, fabrics & recycled materials. The classes are developed to allow each child to grow and develop their artistic talents at their own pace. Each session comes with storytelling at the start of class. Stories read are usually in line with the day’s art activity. A short snack session will be also be included during class time. Oooh how yummy!

The ‘school aged’ classes are specially developed for older kids who already are exposed to generalized art curriculums at school, and who are looking to develop their artistic skills in a structured but intimate studio environment. Each child will create mantle worthy masterpieces throughout the course and expand their knowledge of the great artists and masters of painting.

Well, you can read more and check out the week by week curriculum over here!

This whole South side teaching thingy has been in my mind for a while, especially since a lot of mummies and their kiddos come for my classes and they're all located Southside! So yes, finally a South side option available!

For the East and North-siders, don't worry, I've got my Harvest Adult watercolour classes too! Why of course. I love Harvest and cannot get enough of it. I mean I've even got my studio at Harvest! Haha. And during the next school holidays, I will be running some special Harvest classes for both adults and kids. We're gonna make giant pizzas and colourful umbrellas with the kids. Giant self portraits and ice creams with the toddlers.
Umbrella PaintingPerfect day for some art makingGiant Ice Cream cones!
And of course, I'll be hosting yet another popular one-off packaging painting class and a super special PLANT and FLOWER painting class! I already imagine setting up the classroom with lots and lots of flowers and plants.. oooh. Just imagine the colours and smell!
Adult watercolour classAdult watercolour class
And last but not the least, I'm still up and available for home art classes and arty birthday parties too! I go anywhere, just as long as there's a nearby train or tram line. So far mums and kids all love it! So yay : ) No travelling for them and the kids get to improve and learn how to paint, draw, create beautiful masterpieces with nice arty stuff such as canvas boards, clay, awesome posca markers, etc. I love doing home art classes. They're so fun and kids tend to be more at ease. It makes introduction to materials such as charcoals easy peasy even for a 4 year old! Mr Brush likes yellow ice creamSian's 6th Birthday PartySian's 6th Birthday Party
Sarah's Home art class
Alrighty! that's all folks. I know. It seemed like this post would never end.. But it did! Okay The end. Thanks for staying and reading till the very end! : )

0 comments:

Post a Comment