Tuesday, August 30, 2011

New Yarn

New YarnNew YarnNew YarnNew Yarn
My oh my. Look at how delicious this beautiful yarn is?! The lovely Kylie Gusset from Ms Gusset so generously gifted me this huge skein of hand-dyed, soft fluffy merino yarn last Friday while I was doing my first artist talk. I was so so beyond nervous that day and Kylie and her gift totally made me feel a whole lot better! I didn't even know Kylie was attending the talk. When she came up to me and said she had a present for me, I just went ' awwwwww! '. She's so cute! Thank you so super much Kylie!

Anyway, this yarn is seriously so nice and fluffy. I don't even like the colour purple! But this was so sweet, I instantly fell in love with it. I even gave it a colour way nickname - Sugarplum fairy! Well, it just reminds me of nice pixies and magic fairy dust. I think because I just wanted to make something perfect out of this delicious ball of yarn, I ended up unraveling my knitting close to 8 times! I even taught myself the old shale stitch and did quite a fair bit ( seen up there ) before deciding it wasn't perfect enough.

So after what seemed like 200 cast ons, I've settled on the basic but cute looking moss stitch. I'm teaching myself how to make a little ascot. Something like this one. But with a 'dead knot' instead of the loopy thingy. I'm not using any pattern and am just making it up as I go. Lots of logic and reasoning as I knit. I've even taught myself how to add and decrease stitches by experimenting. Hmmm. I'll show it when I'm done! So far, I'm about 30 % done. Still a while to go!

I hear from Kylie that she's currently restocking the shop with more fluffy goodness, so yes, do keep a look out and check out her little shop whenever. You never know, new woolies might just appear anytime now!

By the way, if you were wondering, the talk went well! I was so nervous and needed to pee so badly but it went ok. I was able to hold my pee till I finished my last sentence and I got used to the nervousness while speaking. I was shaking all the way though and lost my thoughts along the way. But I reckon it was ok for a first time! Thank you to everyone who came along and encouraged me along the way and of course, to the best ever Craft Victoria! You guys are awesome! x

0 comments:

Post a Comment