Friday, March 2, 2012

Sharing...

As a parent, sharing is a quality I try to bestow within both my children.  Being able to share, is a valuable quality for a child to have, and thankfully, reduces the amount of squabbling as a result.  I love watching my two play together, even when it does come as a result of bellowing at them, 'No, they are not all yours, share please!'.

(charity shop buys from the weekend)

How much you are willing to share is a topic I'm sure all bloggers will have thought about.  I am in awe of how generous some can be with how much of their home, work, family and life they are willing to expose online, and sometimes wish that I was more comfortable with being more open myself.  I am, however, more guarded when it comes to my nearest and dearest, mainly down to the fact that it is here for anyone to see, the world wide web is exactly that, world wide.  It would be lovely to assume everyone who visits, reads, comments or links to this blog is a crafter, but I know that is not always the case and it would be naive to think so. 
 
For those bloggers who don't already have one, I would suggest adding some sort of a sitemeter, it can be quite an eye opener to see where your blog traffic is actually coming from, and who, where and what it is linking back to.


(two kittens in their finished cushions)

So, while you may not see many corners of my home (it's a mess), pictures of my children (they are lovely, but they pick their noses), and what we're having for dinner (pot noodle doesn't photograph well anyway!), but what you will see is a glimpse of someone who, after spending over 11 years working full time within the restraints of the UK textile industry, is currently lucky enough to be spending some time at home with little ones, and having lots of fun.  Making things with fabric and felt, aiming to build some kind of a small business out of it, whilst enjoying sharing this new found freedom with all of you!.

(more charity shop buys from the weekend)

0 comments:

Post a Comment