Thursday, May 21, 2009

Can you smell the weekend?




I am So glad the weekend is almost here. I've been really really hardworking, the past few weeks. Painting in my studio almost everyday, waking up early every morning to do my work, even if it was a really cold morning ( good for sleeping in ). Most readers of my blog tell me it seems like I lead a very charmed sort of life, so carefree, so stress free, but no. I am just like any other international student, struggling with juggling everything. It's just that I don't enjoy posting sad or entries with me ranting a lot. I like reading happy blog posts on other people's blogs, So I believe I should do the same thing as well. Haha.

1.5 more weeks to my semester assesment, and Winter break. I c.a.n.n.o.t w.a.i.t!
I've been pushing myself extra hard this semester. With curating a little show, making my own zine and getting them sold at a shop here in Melbourne, breaking out from my usual boring paintings into something which has by far been my most successful works, starting my own little art business, making new namecards, getting my art displayed in a cafe, etc etc. Phew! What a mouthful!

I'll be heading home to Singapore and working from home, binding books, making more zines, and working on ideas for next semester's work. Printing and materials here in Melbourne, are just way too expensive!

Shina says I'm such a workaholic. Maybe, I don't know. But oh boy, I am oh so super tired and drained. You know, I'd really like to just lie in bed and stare up at the ceiling and not worry about anything for the day. Things like managing my finances, cooking dinner, grocery shopping, my little art business, my future. Etc.

I wish the world would just slow down just a bit.

Approx 6 hrs more till I declare it's the weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment