Thursday, July 2, 2009

Fabric heaven!

New fabric stash!
I met my bosses, Jimmy and Karen from Manic ( The design house I interned at a few years back )this afternoon and look what Karen gave me! Fabric scraps, squares, strips, etc! So much prettiness! Just thought I'd show you some I thought were really cute!

SaraGermaine
Dorothy
PolkaRoseIt's Peter Rabbit!
There's even a Peter Rabbit one! Such sweetness. Haha. Anyway, Karen does lots of sewing and crafting like I do. And she does book binding too! When i was still interning, we often talked about binding our own fabric cover books, sewing little pouches, quilting and knitting. And after I graduated from Design school, I kind of worked as her 'craft assistant', helping her with all her handmade goodness, lamps, books and pouches! She taught me so much! 

You can check out her stuff here! We're meeting this Saturday for some crafting session. Super excited! Might sew a little something! I promise to show you when it's done!

I also bought book blocks from her to try making into more books and I made this just! 

Viola!
It's going to be my new recipe book. Haha. I need to really start compiling all my recipes and jotting them down in a book and not just scraps of paper stuck to the fridge! Haha. I hope you like my new recipe book!
My newly bound recipe book!

xxx!

0 comments:

Post a Comment