Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Shift, Group Art Show Opening Night



A bunch of us had a little group show opening on Tuesday night. There was so much good food and the artworks were all rad! Many came to support and enjoyed the food and all the booze. It was really nice.

Oh and yesterday, I visited Laith Mcgregor's homely studio. This guy does magic with his biro pens! ( ball point pens ) You should go check out amazing his work here.

In other news, I made myself a little necklace this morning and I'm now binding a few books. So I will have stuff to show for my workshop at Sticky in about 3 week's time! It's going to be a free workshop and I will be talking about my love for hand bound books, how I started making them, and show a little demo how to do a book like the one below. So if you're interested, do ring Sticky and let them know you would like to attend!
Hooray for handmade!
Yay!
PS: You can find out more details from them too!
PPS: The book with 'Tiny bit of Magic' hand stitched on it's cover is available for purchase online here. The shop is run by the very talented Amy Borell and all the works are by artists/crafters from all around the world, and each artwork comes in limited editions of 13 copies! Do support us and the handmade community!

Alright, back to bookbinding!

0 comments:

Post a Comment