Thursday, October 15, 2009

Tiny Things

Gentle Stag
Grizzly Bear
These days, I've been working on lots of pencil drawings for a few secret projects. Trying and learning to draw animals and pretty girls, instead of painting my candy - ice cream mountains and covering myself with glitter. Sometimes I think, it's good to take a break from painting and switch to just drawing.

Anyway, I received good news this morning when I checked my inbox. I got so happy I jumped around the house like a jellybean!
Once Upon
Yes, the poster for the Sydney group show I'm involved in, is finally out! I'm so excited that I'll be going to Sydney for the opening, and also being able to showcase my work alongside some of my super artists friends like Sarah and Amy, is such a sweet treat in itself! Catherine Campbell is going to be in it too! If you've read my Design Files interview, you'd know that I'm a huge fan of Catherine! I can't wait for it all to happen!

Apart from getting all hyped up about Once Upon, I woke up today and went: It's Friday! Apart from it being almost there to the weekend, it also means that we've just one more week to go before we open 'For always & ever'!
For Always & Ever
Opens next Friday night, 6 - 9pm! My first proper curating experience, and showing in a commercial gallery! We're celebrating by hosting a garden tea party, complete with fairy lights and all! That's if the weather holds up! I know I've been going on and on about this show, sorry! I'm just way too excited!

Okie dokie, I've got to finish up my essay for school. See you all!

xx
Happy Jumping Jellybeany - Dawn

0 comments:

Post a Comment