Sunday, May 23, 2010

A little something

Week 02Did a little shoot over the weekend. It's really tough to photograph my work. I just can't seem to capture the tiny details. So I decided to make it more fun and less rigid instead. Oh and I've decided to stop the entire food project at 8 weeks/ 56 days. It was a really really tough decision to make, considering I had all these big ideas in my head. But after speaking to a few artists and lecturers about my work, I decided, 8 weeks is a good number to stop at. Having to weigh and draw 56 days x 3 meals = 168 meals ( Excluding snacks/suppers! ) It really wasn't easy and my body was getting so worn out. My hands started cramping, I got sick almost every week because I wasn't resting enough.

So yes, 8's a good number. Stopping at 8 doesn't mean this project's entirely over though. To be honest, I still have a lot more drawings to fill in. On days I got sick, tired, crampy hands taking effect, the entire drawing process got so slow, so I now have a lot of blank meal spaces, yet to be painted in. So yes, I'm still working on the project in a way. Oh and I'm also working on some large scale soft food sculptures. Will show some pictures after my sewing gets a bit more decent!

0 comments:

Post a Comment