Saturday, May 8, 2010

Practically Perfect

Mixed breakfastYarravilleSun theatreRosesKitty Babysitters clubKnick knacksWould love these chairs pleaseOne of the cute shopsYarravilleEat more fruits
If you live in Melbourne, you would probably agree with me. Wasn't the weather today totally beautiful? It was practically perfect in it's own way! Bright day with lots of sunlight, clear blue skies, nice breezes. Darren and I spent our day outside, trying to catch as much sun as we can, in hope of getting my silly headaches and tonsillitis out of my way. We drove to Yarraville and spent a good part of our morning walking around the area. We got ourselves nice breakfasts, explored the little village shopping strip, somehow ended up at a house auction viewing, poked around in an antique shop, of which I found some awesome BabySitters Club books! Those books brought back such great memories. I used to love them to bits when I was twelve! I collected lots of them and even ran my own little 'Dawn's library' and allowed my friends to borrow 3 babysitters club books at a time. I was a bit 'hardcore' at running my own library, I even made library membership cards. Of which I drew love hearts all over. Haha. Oh well, I was twelve/eleven!

Anyway, we popped by this cute little shop/one of my Melbourne stockist too, and I saw my Sea Otter print hanging out with some other cool stuff, in the shop front's window! It made me smile like a big kid!

Mandrake and Willow
After our little walkabout in Yarraville, we drove to Williamstown and had a late fish and chips lunch on the grass. Smart thinking for storing our picnic mat in our car. It was really lovely to sit and lie under a tree, laughing at silly jokes, making animal shadows while enjoying cheap fish and potato cakes. Totally worth the $6!
Dog and rabbit shadowsLunch on the grass at WilliamstownPlaids and stripes
I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Going to a little picnic party at the Yarra Bend Park. We might even go boating! I'm crossing my fingers and hoping today's perfect weather repeats itself again tomorrow!
I kind of like the colours
By the way, I know I kind of overloaded on all the talking and pictures today. But I'm just in a really jolly-good mood. I feel like a kid who's really excited about some stuff, and goes on and on about it. Haha. I tend to talk a lot more when I'm in a really good mood. Haha. Oh and just to let you know, I just restocked my Etsy shop with a few previously sold-out prints and zines. So do check it out! It includes the popular Stag and Owl prints too!

Alright, time for a shower. Hope you had a great Saturday too! I would love to hear what you did : )

0 comments:

Post a Comment