Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year

My favourite pineapple tartsChinese New Year cookies!
What's chinese new year without homemade cookies and pineapple tarts? If you don't already know, I am 100% chinese, and I'm such a pineapple tart-aholic. Every year I eat so many of it, I lose count. And I end up with a sore throat 85% of the time.

This year's the first of which I'm away from home/Singapore. No aunties and uncles to offer me their super quality tarts. But still, no excuses to miss out on my pineapple tart fix!

So along with Darren and two of my friends, we baked ourselves a whole lot of pineapple tarts. They are lovely and the pastry melts in your mouth. The pineapple jam isn't too too sweet or sticky. It's just the way I like it. I've been popping them into my mouth for breakfasts, lunch, tea breaks, dinner, supper. My goodness! Thank goodness this happens only once a year. Another favourite chinese new year dish of mine is the 鱼生. Of which I'm going to attempt to make this weekend.

Happy Chinese New Year to all of you who celebrate!

0 comments:

Post a Comment