Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Somewhere down at Docklands...

Down at Docklands Shed 4Down at Docklands Shed 4Work in progress
In the not-so-tiny Shed 4, my three good chubby friends Marshmallow Lollie, Parmesan Penny and Mr Yorkshire are currently sitting or rather standing happily, waiting in excitment for an upcoming huge show that's happening this Friday! Yes! Although Mr Yorkshire seems to have lost a bit of weight since last year, especially after moving him down 8 horrendous flights of stairs yesterday. ( he is a bit afraid of stairs ) Although I don't see why it's him that has lost weight and not Darren and myself. Especially when we were the ones carrying him down!

Anyway, yes, my friends will be smiling and proudly showing their cute bellies this Friday night at Docklands Shed 4! The whole event, Penthouse Mouse, is part of this year's L'Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival's cultural program. I am so thrilled to be invited as one of the exhibiting artists, alongside so many talented new and emerging fashion designers, jewelry makers, artists and designers! And guess what, THE AGE newspaper did a little feature on the show and I'm in Page 19 today! I haven't see the article just yet, so I'm not sure how big or small it is and which image has been used. But yes, I am so excited! The show is going to be huge! Just look at the pictures. The whole space you see, will be filled with lots of hanging racks, works, people, art, etc!

Well, I'm sure you can already tell from all the exclamation marks I'm using. Oops! Anyway, do come along to the opening night if you're free this Friday. It starts at 6pm and there's going to be a huge crowd, with drinks and exciting new art for all to see. I'll be there, smiling along proudly with my chubby friends. Ah, I feel like a proud mama. Haha. If you know what I mean.

0 comments:

Post a Comment