Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Opening Night!

With Ivona on my Tetley's Tea bagKate, Fiona, Robyn, Myself and Greg
I should have shown more pictures up here but I ended up not taking that many photos. it was so warm that night, I wasn't in any mood for photos at all. I actually had somewhat a heat stroke after that! Horrible. But yes, you can view the rest of the pictures here. I took those way before it got crowded. Lots of young hippies art school people, friends and family. Not so much art collectors. I think it was just too warm a day for buying any art. Haha. I myself wanted to leave because I got so dizzy and felt a little pukey, but decided I should stay throughout. And I'm glad I did because I got to say hi to several familiar faces and meet new ones too! Thanks for coming and bringing a friend, partner along. So nice to meet you all.

Lots of kids came along with their mommies and daddies. In fact, kids were most of the time, the ones attacking my work. When I say attack. I really mean that. Haha. There was this little toddler, upon seeing my Tetley's tea bag, he practically just dived into it. But his parents caught him just in time. One on each side! Well, you see, I don't blame him at all, because my tea bag's a bean bag anyway. So it's meant to be sat on. It's so squishy so maybe that's why kids like it so much? I'm not too sure. There were little kids pulling their mommies to my work and showing them 'hey look mummy! it's so soft!'. There were cute teenage girls taking photos with my sculptures. They actually placed their phone camera on timer, on the floor! How cute is that! I think it's very cute. Haha. I'm so glad little kids like my work. And the adults too. Nice to see so many smiles and I think my sculptures are happy themselves too, having gotten several hugs, and squishes from smiling strangers.

Oh and I won two awards too. A $1000 prize from the NGV, and a solo show at a gallery next year. Yay! Thank you all of you who helped me in one way or another. All your pillow donations, encouraging words, hugs and emails all mean so much to me. Without all of you, and of course, without Jesus, nothing will be possible!
Yorkshire Pudding!
Ah, I cannot believe how fast everything went! I am still feeling a bit spacey. As though my body's stuck in the present and my mind's in the past? Totally strange! Seems like only a couple of months ago my friends and I were bumming around wondering what on earth will we do for our graduation show. And here it is! All done! So weird! It's been such an amazing journey.
With Darren, my 24/7 intern
Anyway, the show's on till this Sunday! I'd say go have a look if you like, during the weekend. it'll be much cooler and less crowded. I'll probably be there on Saturday morning for a while. So see you if you're coming!

0 comments:

Post a Comment