Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Countryside Living

Morning walkMorning walkMorning Walk
Woodleigh SchoolWoodleigh SchoolWoodleigh schoolWoodleigh school
Woodleigh schoolWoodleigh schoolWoodleigh schoolWoodleigh SchoolWoodleigh SchoolWoodleigh SchoolWoodleigh SchoolWoodleigh SchoolWoodleigh SchoolWoodleigh SchoolWoodleigh SchoolWoodleigh SchoolWoodleigh School

For the whole of this week, I'll be living over here in the countryside. Mornington Peninsula, to be exact. I have been so so lucky to be invited specially by Woodleigh school, as their artist in residence for their annual art festival week. The school and art department staff have been nothing but the most welcoming and friendly. It's been 2 days so far and I'm loving and cherishing every bit of it! The school got me a nice bed and breakfast here in Mount Eliza. Cute town with lots of old folkies. My place is pretty big and spacey. With birds chirping just outside my room at about 5.30, 6am. The morning walk down to the quiet beach. Soaking my feet in cold sea water. Ah.. Nice!

Apart from all that nice quiet bits of life just before school each day, there's also the fun, fast-paced school life! I think Woodleigh's a pretty cool school. Did you know, there is a farm here right smack in the school?! Oh yes. Not just a teeny tiny 'farm' with one rabbit and a few fishes. But they've got emus, kangaroos, ponies, lots of chooks, lambs and even a little vineyard! Is that cool or what!? I know! During lunch yesterday, I decided to be adventurous and go roam around the campus and to my surprise, I found myself in the school farm. Haha. Best school lunch time ever!

Apart from animals, I've been running a few workshops with the kids from year 7, year 8, 9s and 11s. It's been pretty fun talking about my work, showing them what they can do. The kids have been working on lots of watercolour packaging drawings. Some of them are really good! They ask lots of questions, are genuinely trying and learning to the best of their ability. They're all a bunch of great kids! It's been quite cool, really. I'll try and keep you guys updated with pictures and posts along the way. But if I 'disappear', you'll probably just know that I'm having too much fun. Heehee!

Staying in a big beautiful bed and breakfast that's like a 5 minute stroll to the beach isn't helping either. Seriously, Woodleigh spoils me! They get me good lunches and dinners. Kristen, the wonderful art staff in charge, picks me up and drop me home. I am so so lucky and so thankful for her! On top of that, the trees, the air that I get to breathe in ( love the Eucalyptus trees ), the walks I get to take,it all steals me away from my laptop. Haha. But I don't mind it at all. Not one bit! Oopsy! Now, I promise I won't be gone for long! Till the next post, stay happy and go for a nice walk and smell the trees!

0 comments:

Post a Comment