Thursday, November 3, 2011

Finally

It's been cold! After a long few weeks of having life throw me all sorts of funky uncool trials, I finally lost it today. I am usually a pretty perky and chirpy person. I get over things quickly and never let anger or negative stuff dwell for long. But today, I sobbed and sobbed and sobbed and sobbed so much, my eyes are now officially small, puny and swollen. Not the most glamourous look I must say. Well, this whole accumulation of work and clients that expect me to do overnight miracles, market preparation, being broke and having to spend lots of money on materials because I genuinely need to and want to because I know it's what's best, awkward situations and last minute change of plans along with a fairly rude repairman just added all up into a big sobby downpour of tears. In public.

Poor young dude must have gotten a scare when I planted myself on a random bench near him and started crying like today's my last day. He kept sneaking peeks at me and pretended he wasn't looking. And I swear, he so moved bit by bit away from me each time I looked up. Quite funny actually. But yes. Back to this whole bad luck + bad time thing.

I guess it totally didn't help that I also went into an art store and got treated super unfairly by the store manager. I spent $104 ( Even though I was already SO broke ) on paper I really needed for an upcoming thing. I walked out of the store and realized within seconds I got the wrong size. I went back in and apologised profusely and basically begged and said I was so sorry and if I could get a refund or change and buy a larger paper pad, that would be awesome.

But yes, lo and behold, I somehow got forced into buying creased and stained ( basically damaged ) paper and when I said no, I ended up walking away with a single paint tube and a $99 store credit instead which I now have no inclination to use at all. Thanks stupid art store for your awesomely crappy customer service. Having your customer cry after being wronged by you, is just plain lame and I am so never going back to your shop ever again. You charge ridiculous prices and you said you could give me a balance refund if I purchase anything but instead, you force me into buying damaged goods and indirectly claim I don't know anything about watercolour papers. Sorry lady. I've been painting for the past 13 years. I DO know my papers enough to know you're trying to sell me damaged stuff. And how dare you lie to me in my face! You promised me a refund and then later said you didn't say such a thing. Horrible!

Anyway, enough of all this crap. I went home sobbing my eyeballs out and thank God for Darren. He immediately wrote a long complaint letter. And it went straight to the art store's head office. I feel so bad for always taking it out on Darren. I was so so mean to him this morning even though he didn't do anything wrong. Putting on a bitchy temper, slamming the door after walking out. How horrible! And yet, he went out looking for me at the studio. He cooked me a nice warm dinner, and rang up the head office to make a complaint. Such a manly-man! ( If you know what I mean ) Thank God for all the good guys who stick with sobby girlfriends/wives.. And thank God for family too. They always make me feel better.

Sigh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment