Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving Candied YamsThanksgiving Roast

Illustration I did two weeks ago, for The Big Issue. The issue came out this week. I've yet to see it in person. But I'm pretty sure it'll look nice paired with the beautiful thanksgiving story. ( Of which was inspiration for the drawings ) I think what The Big Issue does is really awesome, providing opportunities for homeless, marginalised and disadvantaged people to make positive changes in their lives. Authorised vendors buy the magazine for $2.50 from The Big Issue and sell it on the streets for $5, keeping the difference.

I think it's really nice to know your money's well spent and that it goes to someone in need.

As Christmas is fast approaching, a lot of us think about gifts, holidays, feasting. I myself do too. But perhaps this Christmas, we can all start by making a little change by donating or helping the less advantaged. There are so many people out there with no where to sleep, no home to go to, let alone even have a proper meal. There's lots which we can do. Oxfam for one, has some really cool Christmas gift ideas.

Perhaps this Thanksgiving and Christmas season might be a reminder for us to reflect on the good things we have in our life and how we can share it with others who might really benefit and appreciate it?

PS: In the spirit of sharing, I will be giving a free surprise print along with every order from my shop. This week only! I know it's totally somewhat different from donating. But I'm just big on the idea of buying something for yourself, and having something to share with someone else.

0 comments:

Post a Comment