Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Mega Update

Home Art Class with HugoHome Art Class with HugoHome Art Class with Hugo
Oh. It's feels like a week's passed since I last updated! I have so much to show and tell you guys. So here's a nice long little post on what's been happening. Basically all the pictures from this post, were all from the week that's just passed. I had quite a few notable fun things happen. First up, home art classes with Hugo! I introduced Hugo to the Japanese carp kite last week and talked to him about being brave and strong. ( If you read more about the history of a carp kite, you'll know why! ) and we did our very own Hugo version! Cool beans! As usual, my Wednesdays are always filled with so much fun. I teach Hugo in the morning, then head over to Do Re Me for class with my funny girls.
Do Re Me Art ClassDo Re Me Art Class
My girls did an awesome job last week and made large aboriginal paintings on fabric offcuts. We were going to turn them into bags this week, but unfortunately, the cruel rain came down on all their lovely handwork and washed the paints all away. BIG SIGH! But thank God the girls took it all in like champions and were in fact really excited they get to start over again on nice canvases... on their own at home. So, good on you girls! I'm proud of you all for thinking this way and having such positive art-making attitudes! And just look at what they did yesterday! This was AFTER I actually broke the bad news about their ruined work. See. They just love art. They can't stop painting! So so sad it's the last class for this year. But yup, look at their fun pieces!
Do Re Me Art Class
Do Re Me Art ClassDo Re Me Art Class
Mini-me packaging drawings! Hahaha. It might look so easy and simply nothing but did you know these kids actually did not use any pencils or pens first? They went straight into their paintings by painting blocks of colour, then working around it to bring out the image? It's a great way to introduce packaging design to kids, at the same time, train them to observe and colour-block, instead of just drawing any-oh-how. Like my kids said to me " Sure looks easy but it is not! "
The Design Files Calendar LaunchThe Design Files Calendar Launch
Apart from all my fun with kiddos, there was also the dog-friendly Design Files 2012 Calendar launch! I didn't end up taking lots of photos that night, but my good friend Madeleine Stamer did! And she's so graciously posted them up on her Facebook wall! Go have a look and at the same time like her page! I am a big fan of her work. Really cool stuff she does : ) It was such a nice laid-back night, with beautifully illustrated calendar pages to look at. Lucy has been nothing but so kind to me and asked if I could contribute a page. So yup I did! A little birdy told me I'm Miss February! Haha. Click here to get yourself a calendar!

Now, before I end off this already seemingly long post, I still have one more thing I promised to show! Pictures from my Sunday at MARKit! Yup, I had a market stall where I sold my art and wares. Thank you so much to those who came and said hi! How packed was that place! Ah! But yup, for those of you who couldn't make it down, here are a whole lot of pictures I took.
MARKit@Fed SquareMARKit@Fed SquareMARKit@Fed SquareMARKit@Fed SquareMARKit@Fed SquareMARKit@Fed SquareMARKit@Fed SquareMARKit@Fed SquareMARKit@Fed SquareMARKit@Fed SquareMARKit@Fed SquareMARKit@Fed SquareMARKit@Fed SquareMARKit@Fed Square
MARKit@Fed Square
Phew! That's a lot of pictures to show. Sorry! I can't help but show you all the goodness. There were more but no, I don't want anyone to complain. Haha. So yup! These will do : )
From top to bottom: My stall, Cat Rabbit, Able and Game, Swiden, Betty Jo, Blank, Lark, Beci Orpin, Poppies for Grace, Simply Pheobe, Spin Spin, So Little Time Co.

Actually, I am going to be honest. I did have another exciting event happen during this same week. I know I know! It was none other than The Design Files Open House. I went last night to the launch and took lots of photos. Well, I think I drooled more than I took photos. But that's not the point. The point is, that place is AMAZING and you should go if you can. I think Lucy and team have done an amazing amazing crazy mega job and it should be appreciated so yup, do drop by if you can! I want to show you pictures, but I will hold myself back and post it in another post. In case you happen to be so sick of reading this ultra-long post already. Haha.

Ok. Byeeeeee!

0 comments:

Post a Comment