Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Updates

Work In progress
Sorry I've been so busy I haven't had time to blog! Ah. As of right now, I've got some crazy projects on hand. Crazy but in a good way. I just completed a bunch of nice map drawings for a Wine company. Thanks Jacky Winter for the job! And I've also just finished up 2 illustrations for The Big Issue. And I'm in the midst of working on 2 large paintings for The Design Files Open House. Above's a sneaky peek! Seriously, I can already foresee, the open house will be a big huge success. I am really really excited to be able to be amongst a bunch of super talented artists. People whose work I admire and go crazy over. Kirra Jamison, Dane Lovett, David Bromley ( I KNOW! ), Beci Orpin, Madeleine Stamer, and the list goes on. But yes. When I found out David Bromley and Kirra were in it.. I almost fainted in glee. Oh yes..Well, you can view more pictures and find out who's involved, over here!

Apart from updating you guys with what's been happening in terms of my arty work bits, I'm also really excited and want to show you what the kids I've been teaching did!
Hugo's terra cotta clay bitsPaul Cezanne study7 year old's study!7 year old's study!
My home art class buddy, Hugo, did a whole bunch of fun terra cotta clay things. Well, we started out making a Gruffalo. Or rather, the Gruffalo's child. And we turned the rest of the leftover clay into random yummy things like a donut, cupcake, mini ice cream and a love heart. Cute! My Do Re Me kiddies also completed a mini Paul Cézanne study. I am especially proud of the two grade ones, Anna and Caelyn. I think theirs turned out really well. All the shaded bits and blending of tones. Good job kiddies!

Alright, now back to work. And stay tuned for an upcoming giveaway. I know I mentioned a while ago I was going to do a giveaway. Hang in there! I'm just about waiting on the giveaway thingy to arrive! Hint: It's nice, colourful and used in the kitchen!

Ok. See you around again soon!

PS: Some of you might have noticed how my website looks almost like Kirra's. Just putting it out there, in case anyone thinks I'm a copycat. I do admit it does look like I copied it exactly! Just my own pictures...The thing is, it's a template from Cargo Collective. My super talented friend sent me the invite to set up an account and I did. It was so much easier to use compared to my previous website 'builder'. So yes, I used a similar template to Kirra's because I think it works best for me. But I kind of want to change it a bit. But don't know how just yet. I tried it with the other templates and it looks so weird! I really want to change it but have limited knowledge and I feel horrible about it. Ugh. But yes, template business aside, Cargo collective has been a dream to use! Too bad it's invite only. If you're interested to get a cargo invite, let me know! More than happy to send you one! Thanks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment