Monday, September 14, 2009

Back from the mountains

This little birdy
Darren
William RickettsHiking
SassafrasWe had scones with jam and cream
So much Tea!My new horse cup
Amidst tall giant treesMy Trekking stickUp in the ranges
And I miss it already! It was so nice, smelling the fresh air, looking at all the green around me. We had scones with jam and climbed a not-so-little hill, to take in a huge beautiful view of Melbourne. Jump and ran around large forest clearings, singing songs from The Sound Of Music, explored, laughed and found old cartoon records which are no longer used today. Bought yummy yummy Matcha tea. I bought myself a sweet horse cup. I love horses. Alway did! 

Oh and we scored ourselves a lovely CD an old man compiled, from his old collection of records.  It runs for 80 mins and it's just 5 bucks! How lucky am I ? You see, I love music from the early 20s, 30s. They're my favourite! I always thought I should have been born in that era. Haha.

And we ended the day with a sweet old man named Joseph. He invited us to look at his beautiful fairytale cottage and home, and played a few pieces on the piano for us. It was so sweet of him. I think maybe he's a little lonely. We didn't see his wife or children, despite his home being filled with flowers, candles and family photos and collages. He even framed up his wedding photo and placed it by the piano, on an easel. I didn't dare ask him what happened to his family so I just kept quiet and watched him while he sang and played tunes on his piano. Such a warm lovely man. It's warm people like him, we need more of, in this world : )

Oh what a wonderful day! I wish I was back up there again. 
PS: I secretly think I belong in the woods. 

xxx!

Tiny creek
Oh and I've also updated my little clothing shop. Do take a peek! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment