Thursday, September 10, 2009

It's Friday so I bring good news!

Good News
But first, a bit of sad stuff. You know, yesterday was such a horrid day. I basically ran into some trouble with my department head and it wasn't nice at all. Long story short, it wasn't my fault. Because I had approval earlier on but because of miscommunication, approval was given to me to go ahead when it was not allowed in the first place.  The fact that I'm not the only one involved, and that I've got three other friends who are in this with me because being assured myself, I gave them my assurance too. And the whole matter involved a commercial gallery. So in a way, to have to be in charge from all three sides, and having to disappoint everyone and myself, I felt like a bad person. 

I cried and cried and couldn't stop crying, I had a migraine headache after that and almost threw up in the city. I had to rush to Priceline pharmacy to get myself some painkillers. It was horrid. And when I came home after school at night, everything that's been bottled up just came out in tears again. I was really really disappointed with what's been happening. The professionalism of it all. 

Anyway, I decided, and lucky for me, my other friends who were involved in the same crap as I was have decided to go ahead and do an art show in October-November! Regardless of what's going to happen, we feel getting our works out there and sharing it with you guys would be a much better idea. So yup, we'll be showing at Off The Kerb Gallery in late October! Thank you girls for being so supportive and behind my back as we do this show together! It's sure to be so much fun working with you three!

It's going to be a nature meets tea party sort of show. And I can't wait! We went down to the gallery yesterday to check the space out and plan our upcoming show. 

I'll let you in on the details soon! : ) When the invites are all printed and given out!
Off the Kerb Gallery
In the meantime, have a good Friday, it's the weekend tomorrow. I can't wait! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment