Friday, September 25, 2009

Upcoming events!

Invite Image
Hello! : ) I promised yesterday I would bring good news today. So yup, here's three pieces of good news! The good news is... the group show I've been curating, For always and Ever, will be opening on the 23rd of next month at Off The Kerb Gallery! I just finished cropping and choosing the right images for the show invite yesterday night. They'll be sent out to the printers soon! I'll post the printed invite once I get it back from the printers! xx Can't wait!

Secondly, I've been invited by the lovely Kim of Craft Victoria, to be part of November's Craft's Hatch. I'm excited and can't wait to set up a little booth selling all my handmade goodies, along with 11 other very talented crafters! This event's going to be on a Saturday, 14th November.

And thirdly, I'm also going to be part of Leeloo's 2nd Birthday Once Upon exhibition! This is such exciting news and I can't wait to start work on the 4 paintings I'm putting in the show. This group show will feature other really talented artists such as Bec Winnel, Alicia Rosam, Tabitha Patterson, Jessica Hyde and many others! Each of the artists will be given a fairytale theme to work with. Mine's.... Thumbelina! I love Thumbelina! : ) I've got a rough idea what I would like to work on. So excited! And for this exhibition, I'll most probably be flying to Sydney for a three day trip so I can also attend the Opening night at AmBush Gallery! I'm super hyped up and really thankful for the support I get from my friends, family and you guys who appreciate what I'm doing.

It's been such a joy and such a blessing to be able to make art and create works that make others smile! I'm glad I'm an artist : )

Ok, it's almost mid-day and I've not had breakfast yet! Going to head to South Melbourne for brunch and then to Bunnings to get some mdf boards and art supplies. 

PS: I'll be posting more about these upcoming events in greater detail, closer to the dates! So fret not! : ) Have a wonderful Weekend!

PPS: Are you going to watch the AFL finals? Haha. I'm rooting for the Saints! Haha

0 comments:

Post a Comment