Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Time for some iphone photos

TextSewing in progressMarshmallow plushiesBeen sewing lots of stuff lately. Just yesterday, I figured how to sew marshmallow plushies! it took me a while, a few days in fact. The first few I did were disastrous. They were all loopy and warped. But now they look like proper marshmallows. So that's an achievement for a beginner sewer like me. Haha. And in case you're wondering why on earth am I making marshmallow plushies, I'm actually sewing this huge marshmallow bag and filling it in with all these marshmallows. It's not just something I'm making, for fun or just because I've got so much time. Instead, I'm making it for school. Though I'm in the painting department, I'm not restricted to paint all day long. I get to explore whatever mediums I fancy, and right now, somehow my art practice of drawing my food bits has translated into soft food sculptures. For inspiration, I've been looking at a lot of food sculptures by Swedish artist, Claes Oldenberg. His work is pretty interesting. You might like to google him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment