Sunday, June 20, 2010

Weekend business

BootiesMexican hatsBarn catBitsWavesLast WeekendSome photos from two amazing weekends in a row. Weekends are always so fun, I don't ever want them to end. Thing is, I never ever do work on weekends. Well, I used to work 9 hours on Saturdays, teaching little kids art. And in my first year of university, I was always camping at my desk on Saturday and Sunday afternoons, studying boring art history bits. It's nice to be a geek or a workaholic sometimes but then again, I think over the years, my perspective on life has changed a little.

So about a year ago, I decided weekends should be totally stress-free and fun. So yes, weekends are generally no-work days for me. I avoid work and inboxes at all cost! I believe in playing hard and working hard at the same time. I think my time management's pretty good when it comes to balancing the two. A usual weekday involves art making from 9am to about 6.30pm. And on weekends, I make sure I have lots of fun, sleep, and not make any art. So far I think by having my entire week go according to such a plan has been a good idea. Even though 75% of me is not willing to part with my weekend, I always find myself rather excited first thing Monday morning. The thought of making art again after a good rest never fails to make my Monday morning a little bit less gloomy.

But yes, a three day weekend would still be nice, wouldn't it?

PS: It's been fun reading all your guesses on my little giveaway post! Keep those guesses coming!

0 comments:

Post a Comment