Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Growing Art Collection

Growing Collection
A mixture of art and photo prints, original drawings, gocco prints and postcards. I'm still a student with zero income, so most of these were gifts, exchanges and some were purchases.
Rob Ryan, Lisa Congdon and Laina/erosturannosGemma Correll and Sarah McneilAmy Borrell and Jen Collins
Top: Rob Ryan, Lisa Congdon and Laina/erosturannos
Middle: Gemma Correll and Sarah mcneil
Bottom: Amy Borrell and Jen Collins
Sanja PahokiSarah McneilPortrait of when I was three
Top to bottom: Sanja Pahoki, Sarah Mcneil and a portrait of when I was three, a present from my friend Caroline Banks!

Sometimes I wish I had nice light coloured wooden floorboards so I can take photos of things nicely. Unfortunately, I only have pink carpets. I also wish for a nice landlord who'll allow me to hammer nails and hang art around the house, and paint the kitchen a nice shade of green or maybe blue. I can't decide. Hmmm. Anyway, I finally got down to buying some frames yesterday night. As always, I find Ikea frames to be the most affordable and presentable. I like simple frames that allows one to look at the artwork without being distracted. Well, luck allowed me to find two nice frames at the discounted section! I think they were display frames but they look good anyway.

Now, do you have an art collection at home too? Or even a small artwork that you really really like! I would love to see what and whose work you collect/display in your beautiful home. And I'm sure a lot of readers would love to know too, so feel free to blog about it and leave the link to your post below! I think it's a great way to share not only your blog with others but also a bunch of undiscovered artists we should all know of!

0 comments:

Post a Comment