Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Cute shop alert!

Orlando & Ivy Lovely Blog reader and Owner of Orlando and IvyOrlando & IvyOrlando & IvyOrlando & Ivy Orlando & IvyOrlando & Ivy
How cute is this North Melbourne shop! Sarah and I were walking down Victoria Street last Wednesday. It was raining and freezing and we missed our tram three times! So we decided to just walk. And then, we stumbled upon this new shop. And guess what's the funniest thing? The owner of the shop, Ming Zhu, she reads my blog!
I think our initial conversation went something like this:

M: Hi, are you Handmadelove?
D: umm, yes, oh hi! I'm Dawn actually, but yes, I'm handmadelove. Oh. Do you read? Umm..
M: Oh! I read your blog!
D: Ahhh! Oh Hi! Ooh you read my blog? Oh wow! Haha. Thank goodness I'm dressed properly this time! Ahh!
( Took a picture to prove it! )
And the conversation goes on...

But yes, if you're wondering, the last time a blog reader came up to say hi, I was dressed so horribly, it wasn't even funny. I was at this busy cafe, waiting for my takeaway. I had previously worked in my studio for 14 hours straight! And my hair was all over the place and I was so dirty and tired from working. I was a bit embarrassed actually, but it was really nice of her to come up and say hi still! So thank you! I'm a bit of geek when it comes to meeting blog readers. I get really really excited and happy.

Anyway, yes, Orlando and Ivy is such a cute plant-filled shop, you wouldn't want to miss it! It's relatively new as well ( Just 5 months old! ) and it stocks such lovely wares, it would be sad if you lived around the area, and not check it out. It's somewhat near the Victoria Market too. So maybe you could take a walk up before grocery shopping? I think that would be really nice and would brighten up your day a little more. I think my favourite item in the whole shop, was the crochet bunting. I thought that would be lovely to have in a nook of my home.

Anyway, Darren asked me out on a date tonight. Nicholas Building Open Studios happening followed by dinner and Tim Burton exhibit! Can't wait! I went to last year's Open Studio and it was so interesting. I'll try to take some photos if I can!

0 comments:

Post a Comment