Sunday, August 29, 2010

Pink house

My other chairBreakfast this morningShop stock areaTool boxView from my roomfour legged friends
Chinchilla from Sarah McneilBed
PrintsJewellery
Small collection of my favourite booksNew chair!
For some strange reason, photos I take of my home and room, always look so red and pink. I think it might be because we have pink carpets, reddish brown floorboards, and lots of sunlight all the time. I've tried white balancing my photos but they never work. Anyway, here's some bits from my room. I bought a new chair. Finally an Eames! After so long. I first saw it a couple of years ago on Stephanie's flickr. And have since wanted one of my own. I think I've been in love with Eames chairs since 5 years ago! I kid you not! But you know, at this stage of my life, when I'm not even working and still saving all my money so I can make art, I can only afford a replica. I know! But reading Anna's post, convinced me even more so that it's alright. One day, we'll get the real one! Darren likes the chair too. He says it will make for a really good dining table chair. And he kind of suggested we get a bunch in future when we have our own proper non-rented home. I really dislike leather and fabric chairs. I'm a plastic chair person! So more cute plastic chairs in my future home? Oh surely I wouldn't mind that! Haha.

For now, I'm pretty much settling nicely into my 'new' room and loving every bit of my new chair. Oh bye bye to you horrible bad back aches! It's pastel yellow, has beautiful wooden legs, looks simple but it is so comfortable. Not to mention so cute and every time I sit on it, I think of my cute friend Miss Ebony! Check out her awesome home. Too bad I don't live in Tokyo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment