Tuesday, January 31, 2012

To cut it or not?


Alright! Totally non-travel, art related. But I am going for a haircut this Thursday. And I think I need some advice. For the past year, I've been trying to grow my hair out and have finally succeeded, though still not long enough to do a full proper braid or any of these fancy hairstyles. But yup, for once, I can actually tie my hair up! I've been having short hairstyles since I was 7! I even had a little 'fin' ala David Beckham style when I was 16! Obviously, it was the worst cut ever, plain crazy! I've had asymmetrical hairstyles, pixie-cuts, ugly boy cuts topped with so much wax,boring 'susan' style cuts, DIY bangs, and yep, the list is endless....

So last year after being so sick of having short haircuts for 18 years, I decided to grow it out. The problem is, I have one of the thickest hair ever, it's amazing. I always joke how if the world ever runs out of paintbrushes, I could probably get some made from my hair. I have such thick hair, every time I get a haircut, I get charged double the price. And sometimes when I dye my hair at home, a box isn't enough. I have to use 2! ( And that's when I have short hair! ) The past year, my hair has started to become SO heavy and thick and bushy, it's not fun anymore. I've often dreamed of having beautiful long hair, like those ladies you see on Satorialist. But I have such a squarish/round face, everyone tells me I look so much older with my long hair. Sigh! And truth be told, I miss having my short hair quite a bit.

So I'm thinking, perhaps I should just go for it. Chop it off! I don't know why, but I'm nervous and totally chickening out! Perhaps I've grown used to having long hair? I think it's a love, hate relationship. I totally need guts like Ilona Royce! Ah! What should I do?! To go short or not? I'm thinking maybe an inch or 2 just below the ears? With a side parted fringe? Hmmm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment