Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Turkish Yoghurt

Turkish Yoghurt
Poppy Plant
While traveling on the road, our local guide introduced us to a tiny town called Dinar. Where it's famous for it's super thick and creamy yoghurt, all topped with rich honey and guess what...opium poppy seeds! Yes, you heard me! Opium poppy seeds! I was quite apprehensive about trying it at first. Simply because I'm not really a fan of yoghurt and furthermore, yoghurt that's made out of goat's milk. Hmmm. But after being charmed by the waiter making it, ( He makes it and tips it over your head, just like turkish ice cream, to show how thick the yoghurt and honey is ) I decided to have a try. Thank goodness I did! It was really yummy. It's nice and rich, slightly sour, but the honey makes it sweet and tasty. The poppy seeds? They kind of resembled sesame seeds! I'd love a plate of it right now! A funny fact about the Dinar villagers : Because they've got so much poppy plants available, they sip some petals in milk bottles of babies so babies can sleep through the night! Oh my goodness!

Class Updates: I've decided to open up another watercolour class on the 17th Jan. Many of you wrote in and asked if I could open another class and so I've decided to keep class numbers to only 8 and open up another class. For more information, do check out this page here. Thank you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment