Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Photographing your feet,

...is actually quite hard when you're doing it yourself.  Now, why would I be trying to photograph my feet?  Well, yesterday, it was cold, shocking I know, but at this time of year, the weather in the UK is pretty yukky.  So, there I was, sat at my desk, shivering, when a visit to Pinterest reminded of the cosy knitted wool socks and leg warmers I had been coveting, you know, the kind that can cost a small fortune.  But here I am, sat in a room full of felted jumpers and cardigans, some still with the sleeves attached.  There was the answer, sleeves.

After a bit of rummaging around, 2 matching sleeves were pillaged.    


I used the cuffs for the top part, so they can be turned over,


took them both in down the side to make them straighter and a bit narrower,

(note to self : must clean boots)

and edged the bottom with a zig zag stitch (or you could overlock it if you have one) to stop the knit from fraying or unraveling.  And there you go, legwarmers.  I feel very 80's, but very warm!

0 comments:

Post a Comment