Monday, January 30, 2012

Grand Bazaar, Istanbul

Grand BazaarGrand BazaarGrand BazaarGrand BazaarGrand Bazaar
Just a few of my favourites from the Grand Bazaar. I decided too much colour on a single page would make anyone go nuts. I think it takes away the joy of looking at things, when there's too much going on. So yup! Here's my favourites all on a page. As you can tell, I couldn't just pick one!

I bought 2 cushions from the Grand Bazaar. See the third picture up above? I walked past the shop and it was LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT! I exclaimed ' Oh my god! ' ( Bimbo I know! ) and went bonkers! But the guy tried selling it to me at a really ridiculous price. I think it was like 45 USD for one? So we ended up leaving it as that. I then spent the next hour walking around the whole Grand Bazaar, hoping to find another stall selling the same cushion. Long story short, I ended up returning to the shop and getting 2 round versions of the cushion! But of course, not after lots of bargaining. We got it at about 55 for two, along with inserts and all. I figured, it's handmade, and coming all the way to Turkey, it's only once in a lifetime right? Hehe. I bought a white and a navvy/black one. I think they'll look really really nice along with a mustard coloured velvet cushion!

0 comments:

Post a Comment