Monday, June 22, 2009

Everyone needs a cup of warmth!

Fandango, North Melbourne
I woke up this morning craving for a good cup of yummy warm hot chocolate. I don't deny it, Hot Chocolate's my favourite drink! It makes me feel better when I'm really cold. Makes me smile on a lazy day. It makes me happier when I'm already happy. You see, I love my chocolates and when I down a cup of really really good hot chocolate, my heart swells and I feel all nice, warm and fuzzy inside me. I know it's weird, but that's me and my love for my chocolaty friend!

You know, just the other day I was making my way to the post office. Clad in my ugly weather-water-proof shoes, mismatched socks and huge ugly jacket, I wanted to quickly make my way there, post out some letter and return home. Oh the dreadful weather on that day! It started to drizzle and the wind was blowing endlessly at my face. It Was so so super cold! When I reached the post office, the queue was just too long and there was simply no space left to stand and wait. So I decided to head over the cafe somewhat across the street to get myself a nice piping hot cup of Hot Chocolate. You know, I reached, all cold and trembling, ordered a takeaway cup, and guess what. I found out I had not a single cent on me! ( I lent a good friend $20 the night before and forgot all about it! ) Gosh. So I asked if the cafe takes eftpos, I know, really silly. And they don't. And I told the cute counter guy I forgot my cash and it's ok, so sorry but I had to cancel my order. And guess what?

.
.
.
.
.

He gave me the cup for free! I guess he knew I was freezing and really needed something to warm myself up. Such a nice guy! And even though the Hot chocolate tasted pretty average, it was by far one of the nicest cup I had to date. Because of his act of kindness. The world needs more people like him!

Thank you really kind cafe guy!

Anyway, I like my Hot Chocolates, thick and made from chocolates and not some lousy powder, from a few places:

Monsieur Truffle
90 Smith St, Collingwood

St Ali
12-18 Yarra Pl
South Melbourne

Fandango
97 Errol St
North Melbourne

Malthouse Theatre Cafe
CUB Malthouse Theatre
113 Sturt Street, Southbank

Von Haus
1A Crossley Street,
Melbourne CBD



Here's just a few. But it should be enough for you to go try out, you Hot Chocolate loving Melburnians!

So, tell me what's your favourite drink! I'd like to know. Is it a soy latte, skinny frapp, mocha, espresso, I don't know! And I would like to find out. You can blog about it, twitter it, simply leave a comment below, or I don't know what else. But just leave your name below so we all know who likes what and where to go for yummy drinks! ( You might like to throw in a few recommendations as to where's good to go for your favourite drink! ) Just so we all know where's all the yummy places to go to! And do you happen to have a nice little coffee/ hot chocolate story ( like myself and the kind guy ) to tell too? I'm sure we blogger all love to know! : )


********************** What's Your Favourite Warm Drink? **************************




Cheers and have fun!
xxx Dawn!

0 comments:

Post a Comment