Thursday, June 11, 2009

Hooray for handmade!

Hooray for handmade!
My little bit of handbound goodness!
Remember the handmade books I was telling you all about? They are now sold at this quaint lovely shop in Fitzroy, Melbourne! 

63 Brunswick St, Fitzroy
Melbourne, Australia

Meet Me At Mikes
Meet Me At Mikes
Meet Me At Mikes
Meet Me At Mikes
Meet Me At Mikes

I popped into the shop yesterday and had a little chat with Pip and Cameron, who both run and own the magical store. Pip's a nice sweet lady. I told her we were going to Jasper's Coffee after, for some coffee and iced chocolate and she told us to go try Monsieur Truffe on Smith Street. Haha. They even did this little funny french/italian imitation. What a cute couple! You can go visit Pip's blog here!


Gee.I'm super thrilled and excited about my art + books + things I make, going places here in Melbourne. It is such a wonderful opportunity, I'm really thankful for it!

" All good things need to start small. "

That's something I always tell myself everyday when I wake up. Every single day, I wake up knowing that one day, just one day, I'll be sitting ( or standing ), sipping tea in my own crafty, pretty little shop. My shop would have pretty handmade items. From books, to framed art and cute vintage goodness. I'd also have classes for wee kiddos or polite children. And I would be teaching them art in the most fun way possible, with yummy tea time treats and storytelling sessions while art making. 

My average working day would revolve around running my shop, handcrafting more goodies for the shop,greeting customers and inviting them in for tea if time permits ( And if they're really nice ), and of course chasing after little budding artists with paint stained hands.

One day, just one day.

Meanwhile, do remember to check out my handmade books at the shop! : ) Each book was made with so much love, they're really precious!

Alright, you have a good weekend!
xxx!

0 comments:

Post a Comment