Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Words and Pictures {Sweet}

Sweet
Thanks to the wonderful Pip over at Meetmeatmikes for organizing this week's cute 'Words and Pictures'. When I think of the word sweet, the first thing that comes into my mind are the fabrics I bought/collect.

Such sweet fabrics! The colours and little dots, flowers, etc. I love em' all! I usually buy lots of cute fabrics/tea towels/ pillow covers, or anything resembling fabric I can cut up and work with. I buy them on rainy days, sunny days, warm days, cold days. I just buy them without thinking what I'd be able to do with them. You see, I don't sew a lot. Used to, but no longer. So I'm basically just buying because they look so pretty to not buy them. And occassionally, almost every week, I'd take them out, flip through the fabrics squares and go 'ooh... So pretty...' Yeah I'm silly I know. Hahaha. But I bet most girls out there love looking at fabrics too and don't use some of the fabrics they buy just because they are way too pretty to cut up. Am I right? Heh! (:

Anyway, I recently started making handbound books again. I use these lovely fabrics I've collected over the years as covers for the books. I'll take a picture of 3 pretty books and show them to you tomorrow!

Meanwhile, take out your little stash of 'sweet' fabrics and give them some attention too. 

Pretty fabrics makes the world go round! 
Hooray for that!

PS: I got the above two fabrics from Spotlight. They're having a massive sale now! I bought both for $4.99 in total( 1/2 a meter each! ) Oh and I'm so proud I walked all the way to the Spotlight at South Melbourne and back, in the freeeeezing rainy cold. All in the name of getting some exercise and moving my bum

Now, I'm off to do more bookbinding with my pretty fabrics! Cheerios!

xxx!
dawn

Morning light
Bookbinding in progress

0 comments:

Post a Comment