Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I'm Graduating!

I am Graduating! And yes oh yes, you are invited to come along to my graduate show opening! It's open to public so you can bring anyone really. I'm not fussed, the more the merrier! My friends and I have been working so hard the past couple of days, clearing out our entire studio space and transforming it into our very own 'gallery space'. It's been crazy. And really a lot of hard work. We practically took apart, stacked and packed over 80 metal cupboards, 100 over chairs and wall partitions. Scraped off icky bits from the walls, sanded the walls and painted several coats to make it looks nice, clean and fresh. We all had paint on our faces, hands, arms, legs, even in our hair! And needless to say, I went home with spotted jeans and shoes. How funky. We got on all fours ( yes all fours! ) and dragged ourselves across the space scrubbing paint bits off the floors. You know, my bag, jeans and shoes got so black. It's gross! But it was all worth it. Just thought I'd share a few work in progress photos with you.
Preparing for Graduation showPreparing for Graduation showPreparing for Graduation showPreparing for Graduation showPreparing for Graduation showPreparing for Graduation show
Maybe these photos will interest you and you'll come with family and friends to our show? It'll be nice and I'd love for you to come see my huge fat squishy food sculptures! They are already happily basking in their spots, making friends with each other, chatting in excitement about who's coming to say hi to them and possibly even meeting little kids who'll give them nice big hugs.

Anyway, the show opens this coming Monday 22nd November, at 6 to 8pm at the Victorian College of The Arts, 40 Dodds Street, Southbank. I will be standing with my works, at the painting department. So come say hi. Oh and all works will be for sale! They'll make really wonderful home decorations I reckon!

See you there if you can make it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment